How it works: 1. Private landowners who contact the Dickinson Conservation District with forestry related questions or visit the website, will be given the option to receive a referral to a qualified resource professional for forestry services. The landowner will fill out a forestry referral form (number acres, forest type, what kind of forestry assistance they are interested in). This form is available in our office and to anyone who visits the website.
2. The Landowner submits the request to the Conservation District.
3. The District will then email the request directly to the consulting foresters who have expressed an interest in being on our referral list. We will also keep a listing of the referral requests on this tab.
4. Active Private Sector Referrals - Resource professionals will express their interest in a particular job to the Conservation District and/or FAP Forester.
5. Pending Private Sector Referrals - The FAP Forester will forward all responses to the landowner. The landowner makes the decision which resource professional to work with.
6. Inactive Private Sector Referrals - Landowner has hired a Resource Professional and work is being completed. Follow-ups with each landowner will be done to make sure they have received the assistance they need.
If you are a forest professional and would like to be included on our referral list, please complete the Forest Professional Info Sheet or send it to Dickinson Conservation District, 420 N Hooper Street, Kingsford, MI 49802.
Active Private Sector Referrals: Updated 12-4-2020
Active Private Referrals None at this time
Pending Private Referrals
Referral 22-21-2 Date Posted: 12/7/2020 Deadline for Responses: 12/21/2020 Location: T40N R28W Section 36, Dickinson County Acres: Approximately 60 Forest Type: Mixed hardwoods/ lowland conifer Project Type: Forest Management Plan- does not have a specific desire to manage for any one thing. It is CFR land, so whatever is required.
Inactive Private Referrals
Referral 22-21-1 Date Posted: 11/30/2020 Deadline for Responses: 12/15/2020 Location: T47N R27W Section 27, Dickinson County Acres: Approximately 40 Forest Type: Lowland mixed conifer, mixed hardwood. Project Type: Forest Management Plan for landowner to enroll in Qualified Forest Program (QFP). NRCS habitat improvement, currently in progress, need to include these practices in the management plan.
Dickinson Conservation District 420 N. Hooper St., Kingsford, MI 49802 (906) 774-1550 firstname.lastname@example.org