1) Private landowners who contact the Dickinson Conservation District with forestry related questions or visit the website, will be given the option to receive a referral to a qualified resource professional for forestry services. The landowner will fill out a forestry referral form (number acres, forest type, what kind of forestry assistance they are interested in). This form is available in our office and to anyone who visits the website.
2) The Landowner submits the request to the Conservation District.
3) The District will then email the request directly to the consulting foresters who have expressed an interest in being on our referral list. We will also keep a listing of the referral requests on this tab.
4) Active Private Sector Referrals: Resource professionals will express their interest in a particular job to the Conservation District.
5) Pending Private Sector Referrals: We will forward all responses to the landowner. The landowner has the ultimate decision to decide which resource professional to work with.
6) Inactive Private Sector Referrals: There will be follow-up with each landowner to be sure they have received the assistance they need.
The Dickinson Conservation District is currently seeking Consulting Foresters and Equipment Operators to conduct oak wilt treatments on properties located in Dickinson and Menominee County, MI. Please contact Bryan.Reitter@mi.nacdnet.net if interested.